0845 003 8780
01635 574 160
This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Tax Investigation Specialist
COP 8 & 9, Compliance checks, WDF, Voluntary disclosures, CJRS issues.
Offshore matters including Crypto currency.
Ingrid is a highly experienced Intelligence and Investigation professional having previously spent 38 years as a Tax Professional within HMRC before joining Bradshaw Tax Services in early 2013.
As the UK’s Competent Authority for International Exchange of information Ingrid led the exchange of Intelligence across the world directly through double taxation treaties and/or Tax Information Exchange agreements, through Fiscal Crime Liaison Officers stationed across the world and through mutual legal assistance teams. In this role Ingrid represented HMRC at International meetings of OECD, G4 Pacific Association of Tax Administrators and G7 etc.
As an Assistant Director of HMRC in Criminal Investigation, Ingrid was involved in the operational and strategic direction of HMRC’s investigations. Her excellent strategic grasp of issues relating to Direct Tax fraud enabled her to be a major influence at the highest level in strategic groups across law enforcement. Notably, Ingrid led HMRC’s offshore operational delivery in relation to all Direct taxes. Specific strategic responsibility also included:
- Counter avoidance (DOTAS, GAAR etc.)
- Civil Investigation of fraud/The Contractual Disclosure Facility (Code of Practice 9)
- HMRC Powers and Procedures
- Offshore i.e. Liechtenstein Disclosure Facility, Swiss agreement etc.
- Mutual Legal assistance
- HMRC Campaigns
- HMRC Taskforces
- HMRC Projects
- Direct Taxes Technical including IHT stamp duty and Trust matters.
Coupled with her extensive knowledge of HMRC’s wide ranging information powers Ingrid has successfully handled all manner of HMRC dispute for clients. She has an excellent track record of defending HMRC’s enquiries both aspect and full enquiries, in particular their challenge to:
- offshore arrangements using trusts and other structures
- high net worth individuals
- residence (personal, corporate and trust) and domicile
- all manner of tax planning/structuring including IHT and stamp duty
and proactively advising on:
- all aspects of the Worldwide disclosure facility, and other offshore and onshore disclosure initiatives and campaigns for Individuals, Companies and Trusts.
- taxation of Crypto currency transactions.
- furlough enquiries.
Ingrid’s high profile experience whilst at HMRC along with her outstanding ability to solve problems makes her one of the UK's leading experts when it comes to dealing with HMRC at any level.
Tel 0203 116 6553