0845 003 8780 (local rate)
01635 574 160
This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Long-standing tax Partner to accountants & solicitors seeking the reassurance of more tax expertise for their clients, & to individuals & companies on Capital & Corporate taxes.
I have often been described as a valued tax Partner to:
- Accountants, solicitors and IFAs seeking more tax expertise for their clients, and
- Direct clients (individuals and corporates) seeking their own tax advice (or 2nd opinions),
on matters relating to Capital taxes (Capital Gains Tax / Inheritance Tax) and Income Tax for High Net Worth individuals, and Corporation Tax for companies.
In addition, I am often called upon to help other professional intermediaries such as venture capital providers and philanthropists to whom I provide bespoke tax solutions for their clients.
This is done by using the benefit of 30+ years experience of tax advisory assignments with Big4, medium-sized and boutique tax & accountancy firms as well as my 3 years' commercial experience with a FTSE-100 company. I am qualified as a chartered tax adviser (CTA) and as an chartered accountant (FCCA).
Particular areas of advisory work
Private client work
- Capital gains tax structuring on buying and selling businesses (shares or assets)
- Residence and domicile advice, including on-shore and off-shore trusts
- Investor tax reliefs, e.g. (Seed) Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS & EIS) & Venture Capital Trusts (VCTs)
- Anti-avoidance legislation - this is particularly relevant to explain why most 'whizzy' ideas do not work
- Tax-efficient reorganisations, corporate reconstructions, share-for-share exchanges
- Employment-related securities and tax-efficient share incentives for employees
- Substantial shareholding exemption
However, the areas of specialisms extend much more than the above so do call for a discussion to see how I can help you.
Method of working
I provide pragmatic and practical advice with a collaborative approach in a way that suits the client and their adviser. Advice is generally in writing (email/letter) following a conference call or meeting. Much of my work is on a one-off basis but a significant element is on a retainer basis where advice (often second opinion work) is regularly given. I am more than happy to meet at your location. Fees are usually based on a fixed fee quote or project basis so that all parties are clear as to costs from the outset (no surprises!).
When you are ready, please do contact me at EH@moxhayadvisory.co.uk (www.moxhayadvisory.co.uk) or Edwin@argentumconsulting.co.uk (www.argentumconsulting.co.uk) or on 07914 412258. Both firms are firms of chartered tax advisors.
Recent client (accountants and individuals) collaborations
- Advising on non-resident CGT for non-resident individuals selling UK residential properties
- Advising on minimising CGT exposure on second homes
- Advising a high earner (>£150,000) on not triggering the restriction of tax relief on pension contributions
- Structuring a private medical practice
- Successfully challenging HMRC computations for a dentist, saving £15,000
- Advising an entrepreneur on issuing equity to employees in a tax-efficient manner, reducing tax costs to her and her staff
I was formerly a volunteer adviser at TaxAid, a UK national charity providing tax advice to taxpayers unable to afford professional representation, and was the Treasurer and a Trustee between 2004 and 2012.
As something a little different, I am also looking, through my own endeavours and through my range of contacts (business and music), at philanthropic ways to help up-and-coming talented pianists start their professional careers.