0845 003 8780
01635 574 160
This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
I specialise in solving tax problems: HMRC enquiries, fraud investigations, or structuring your affairs efficiently to not attract HMRC scrutiny.
I am a Chartered Tax Adviser. My career has led me to embrace some of the most complicated and challenging areas of tax law.
I am an industry recognised specialist in HMRC powers, suspected serious fraud cases, offshore structuring, and property taxation. I have also been significantly involved with international tax planning and in particular I have been an adviser to many property investment funds both UK and overseas. My experience has resulted in appointment to listed property investment funds as well as being a non-executive director on listed companies.
I have been a speaker to the profession and general public on a number of tax subjects, including property. I have been responsible for hosting a three day Tax and Asset Protection Course for property investors for eighteen years. We have consistently been acknowledged for our expertise, experience and ability to deliver a dry subject in an easy to understand manner.
I am a published author for Taxation, TaxAdviser, Tolley’s Tax Digest and Croneri’s Practical Enquiries Manual. I have also contributed to the Annotated Finance Act.
I have also written for Croneri’s ‘Navigate Tax’, which is intended to be a user-friendly guide to common tax issues. The subjects I have written on include ‘Divorce and Separation’, ‘Giving to Charity’, ‘Personal Tax Enquiries’, ‘Business Tax Enquiries’ and ‘Becoming Seriously Ill’.
I am also the author of seven Tax Digests:
- ‘Practicalities of Tax Investigations’, February 2015;
- ‘Practical Guidance: Anti-avoidance Legislation, Offshore Structures and the Offshore Disclosure Facility’, November 2015;
- ‘Post-Requirement to Correct’, January 2019;
- ‘Enquiries, Disclosure and Day-to-Day Tribulations’, December 2019;
- ‘Offshore structuring’, May 2020; and
- ‘Selling your trading company’, July 2020.
- ‘Practicalities of Tax Investigations’ June 2021