This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Garry is a Certified Public Accountant in tax practice, tax academician, and a Philippine Law Degree holder.
Garry is a Certified Public Accountant in tax practice, tax academician, and a Philippine Law Degree holder. He has professional experience in dealing with tax issues and concerns of various clients across industries in the Philippines such as the following:
- investor's structure for Philippine tax-efficient operations,
- registration of domestic corporations, branch, subsidiaries, representative office, regional operating headquarters, representative office and etc.,
- handling tax examinations of tax authorities to see to it taxpayer's rights are protected;
- assistance in securing tax benefits (income tax holiday, 5% special tax regime) under Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) and/or Board of Investments (BOI);
- advisory on tax structuring and equalization of expatriates in the Philippines;
- Intellectual Property registrations;
- tax trainings and seminars;
- tax compliance and reporting (national and local taxation),
- foreign payments taxation - dividends, interest, royalties, foreign rentals, etc.,
- tax studies and researches on tax implications and minimizations,
- tax-efficient contracts preparations and/or review, and
- tax court pleadings preparation for lawyer approval.
Formerly in the Tax Division of BDP Law Offices, a sister firm of Panell Kerr Foster (PKF) correspondent firm in the Philippines based in Makati City, a Tax Partner of Alas, Oplas & Co., CPAs where he is the Head of the Tax Advisory Services catering varying professional tax services to various clients accross industries. He is currenty a Partner at Gimena Pagaspas Partners & Co., CPAs based in Makati City, Philippines.
As tax academician, he served as a college professor handling tax courses for college students of business and accounting, and currently a frequent resource speakers delivering seminars on various tax related programs and trainings.