0845 003 8780
01635 574 160
This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
London based Chartered Tax Adviser specialising in international tax issues for individuals and global SMEs
Provision of tax advice to :
- Entrepreneurial individuals and businesses often but not always in an international context
- Other Professionals – finacial advers , accountants, solicitors, etc
You will receive direct practical advice from me, not just technical papers. I differentiate myself from say the Big Four by being prepared to offer an opinion instead of rehashing legislation. The advice given is, of course, still technically robust, based on considerable years of experience.
"I was very happy with the tax advice that Andrew provided. He was able to save me some money and to provide information that will help me for years into the future. His overall attitude is very professional and after sales service excellent." - Derek A , CIMA.
Andrew provided my husband and me with advice on our foreign FHL property. He guided us through the complex tax requirements, assisted us with a capital allowances claim and advised us on how to make our property as tax efficient as possible for us going forwards. We gave him an extra challenge by contacting him relatively late in the day so he had to cope with fast approaching tax deadlines. Andrew’s help was invaluable saving us considerable amounts of money.
Leonie D - Big 4 Partner
"Lido Tax Consulting have provided me invaluable advise on optimising my investments and tax positions. I have worked in 5 different countries in the last 12 years and have a rather complicated personal position. With Lido Tax Consulting's help I have managed to understand and process my different tax regimes in a manner wholly professionally and smoothly. I have no hesitation in recommending their services."
Charles Reed CEO and President of DoCoMo interTouch, global technology serices provider to the hospitality industry and a NTT DoCoMo group company.
Entertainment, Technology and Property.
Examples of work
Here are some brief examples of the types of assignments I have completed for clients.
- Tax aspects of client MBO of Property Group worth £5M. Review funding arrangements from a tax perspective. Suggested appropriate structure and commented on associated legal documents.
- Profit extraction in an efficient manner as purchase of own shares for departing minority shareholder, enabling buyout at an effective rate of 10%
- Disputes with HM Revenue & Customs re self-employed/ employed status and how to prevent them.
- Split Employment Structures/ Overseas Workdays Relief for those from overseas, enabling them to legitimately shelter an element of their remuneration from UK taxes.
- Structure for Monaco/ US resident individual investing in UK Restaurant venture.
- Design and implementation of a strategy for a UK domiciled individual to extract funds tax free from an established Guernsey Resident Company/Trust structure via Eire.
- Negotiated favourable settlement with HM Revenue & Customs re omitted foreign income and capital gain.
- Advice on favourable tax treatment of second homes – furnished holiday lettings relief
- Opportunities re Principal Private Residence relief to mitigate tax on disposal of property
- Twenty years experience in tax for individuals and owner-managed businesses starting in HMIT Aldwych starting as a temporary filing clerk.
- Qualified Chartered Tax Adviser, the leading UK professional body specialising in tax.
- Previously employed by two of the leading medium sized accountancy practices specialising in the Entertainment Sector. Periods with the Big 4 and the Inland Revenue (now HM Revenue & Customs).