0845 003 8780
01635 574 160
This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Tax Investigations Specialist - Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Adviser working in a team of Tax Dispute Specialists.
I am a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Adviser specialising in tax investigations and voluntary disclosures. I advise individuals and businesses subject to HMRC enquiries and those who wish to come forward to correct past irregularities. If you are concerned that your tax affairs are not up to date, please contact me for a free anonymous discussion with no obligations.
Please call me directly on +44 (0)20 7197 7780
I work in a team of Tax Dispute Specialists offering a wide range of services including:
1. Managing investigations and enquiries opened by HMRC. This may involve what is known as "Code of Practice 8" for issues such as tax avoidance. Alternatively, it may involve "Code of Practice 9" or the "Contractual Disclosure Facility" for suspected serious tax fraud.
2. Voluntary disclosures to HMRC in respect of past irregularities. We assist taxpayers who wish to come forward to HMRC.
3. Assisting parties in a divorce to resolve tax disputes, disclosure to HMRC and Expert Witness reports.
4. Responding to HMRC campaign letters, records reviews and information notices.
5. Advice on HMRC powers, enforcement and administration procedures.
6. Tax appeals and complaints, including Internal Review and onward appeals to the First Tier Tribunal
7. Review of tax avoidance schemes and Accelerated Payments Notices / Follower Notices.
8. Formal Time To Pay arrangements with HMRC and dealing with debt enforcement action. We arrange "payment plans" with HMRC to allow taxpayers more time to settle debts owed.
9. Advice regarding the use of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) – mediation with HMRC to resolve long running tax disputes.
I have assisted numerous clients since beginning my career in 2008 and work closely with our large network of technical specialists to provide the best possible service. One of my recent clients kindly provided the below testimonial:
" Now that the disclosure process has been successfully concluded, I wanted to express my thanks to you for a job very well done. When I first met you ... to act on my behalf in this matter it was, understandably, with some trepidation as I, of course, had no previous experience to draw from and therefore it was impossible to predict how things would ultimately be resolved.
Right from the beginning it was apparent that a pleasant rapport and working relationship had developed between us and throughout the months that the work progressed you became my first port of call. At all times you made me feel that everything was under control in a calm, measured and confident manner that engendered a feeling of peace of mind that allowed me to sleep at night knowing I was in good hands. Worth the fee all of its own!
James, it is the opinion of this client, that you are a both a credit and an asset ... and I wish you well for the future. "