0845 003 8780
01635 574 160
This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
A former HMRC Inspector with over 30 years experience in the tax investigation arena. Specialist in COP9 and Tribunal work.
A former HMRC Inspector (with Big 4 and mid-tier experience) Doug is currently a Partner specialising in tax disputes and resolutions at Brebners, a firm of Chartered Accountants based in London and Kent.
Doug acts for individuals and businesses who are either faced with a tax investigation or who wish to make a voluntary disclosure to HMRC.
Doug's deep knowledge of HMRC processes and how they work have assisted numerous clients over the years.
Examples of the work Doug has undertaken are as follows:
- Successfully assisted several clients who had been issued with a Code of Practice 9 / Contractual Disclosure Facility (CDF) where the tax liabilities were agreed at nil.
- Submitted numerous voluntary disclosures involving offshore matters under various HMRC disclosure facilities (ODF, NDO, LDF and WDF).
- Instructing Counsel and providing litigation support in relation to a First Tier Tax Tribunal Hearing.
- Advocate at a successful First Tier Tribunal Hearing for a client.
- Various successful mediation meetings with HMRC which have resulted in cases not requiring a Hearing at the First Tier Tribunal and ensuring significant tax savings for the clients involved.
Doug approaches each problem he is faced with in a practical / pragmatic way in order to achieve a commercial result.
Doug is flexible in relation to costs and is happy to work either on an hourly rate or on a fixed fee assignment basis.